302 Compact Production Field Mixer
Developed specifically for audio-for-picture applications, the 302 mixer is the perfect tool for production companies and camera operators wanting to take control of their audio. The 302 is stunning for its size, flexibility, control and performance; it is the most widely-used compact battery-powered professional audio mixer in its class.
With important features to accommodate nearly any over-the-shoulder production, the 302 interfaces with wireless transmitters and receivers, camera audio inputs of all kinds, and external audio recorders. Its microphone inputs share the same superb circuitry as the 552 Portable Production Mixer andMixPre-D Compact Field Mixer.
Like Sound Devices larger 552 Field Mixer, the 302 is a complete Field Mixer, but designed in a super-compact package. Controls are accessible on its three main surfaces, its high-efficiency power circuitry runs the mixer from either three internal AA batteries or external 5-18 VDC.
- 20 Hz ― 30 kHz, +0.2, -0.5 dB, -1 dB @ 5 Hz and 50 kHz typical
Equivalent Input Noise:
- -126 dBu (-128 dBV) maximum (22 Hz ― 22 kHz bandwidth, flat filter, trim control fully up)
Input Clipping Level:
- 0 dBu minimum (trim control fully down)
Line Output Clipping Level (1% THD):
- 20 dBu minimum, 18 dBu minimum with 600 ohm load
- 115 dB minimum (trim fully down)
THD + Noise:
- 0.007% typical (1 kHz, +4 dBu at Line out), 0.009 max (50 Hz to 20 kHz, +18 dBu at line out, fader fully up)
- -100 dBu (-102 dBV) maximum (22 Hz ― 22 kHz bandwidth, flat filter, master gain fully up, faders fully down)
L/R Gain Matching:
- +/- 0.1 dB (Mic In to Line Out)
- 40-segment, sunlight-viewable Selectable peak, VU, or peak (with or without peak hold) + VU ballistics
- Switchable 80 Hz or 160 Hz, 12 dB/oct, silent activation
Mic Powering (each mic selectable):
- None, 12 V phantom, 48 V phantom, 12 V T-power, selected per mic input
- +18 dBu threshold, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS attack time, 200 mS release time.
- Affects the outputs of the mixer. Threshold selectable from +4 dBu to +20 dBu, 1 dB steps, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS attack time, 200 mS release time
- Internal ±16 V (bi-polar) regulated audio rails, 2.4 ― 6 V range internal batteries, isolated (floating) external DC input jack, 5-18 V locking 4-pin Hirose connector, pin-4 = (+), pin-1 = (-)
- Operating: -20°C to 60°C, 0 to 95% relative humidity; (non-condensing), storage: -40°C to 85°C
- 0.85 kg, (1.8 lbs) unpackaged with three alkaline AA batteries
- 47 mm x 214 mm x 114 mm (H x W x D), 1.8" x 8.4" x 4.5"